I find it hard to find time to write when so much awesome stuff is happening. 'Course, there's those god-awful rejection letters that have been dominating the lives of high school seniors across the country this month, (Feathery, I'm sooooooooooooooooo sorry...:(:(:(:(:(, we need to get our seniors crying party in order soon...), but a rejection doesn't mean that your life is over.
But not counting having to deal with college, last week might have just been one of the best in my life. (relatively speaking.) On Monday we had to write and present a satire for English class, and I came up with a lot of George Carlin-ish wit criticizing every possible thing. That had the whole class laughing, even my English teacher (who doesn't seem to like me all that much,) and I got my crush of all people, to notice me for the first time. (well, ok, not really, we are actually really good friends, but when she said I did well, I pretty much melted!) Then on Tuesday we started this poster project in English class. We got into groups of four, I ended up with my good old buddy, and, well, guess who. :)
We start planing our project, and then we have to decide to meet afterschool or go to someones house, and since I lived the closest to school, our group decided to go over to my house to work on the project afterschool on Wednesday. So suddenly this group of my friends, including my crush , is coming over to my house. I wasn't sure if I should be happy and cheering our cursing at this miserable turn of luck. I spent most of the night cleaning my room (which actually wasn't that messy), and I actually had to wake up 5 minutes earlier on Wednesday to make sure I made my bed and all. :)
But it went pretty well, we couldn't get the project finished because we spent half the time playing and talking and laughing and stuff, so we all agreed to come over again on Thursday afterschool.
But during English class on Thursday, our teacher decides to change the deadline from Friday to next Monday. So now we have a full week to do this (because this week is Easter Break for us!)
So Thursday afterschool we do some of the project but spent even more time playing and exploring and stuff. I found my old stash of sand dollars, and we broke open one for the little doves inside. I found a rock that I had gotten at a science museum that was labeled "break open geode," so I gave it to my friends and told them to smash it with a hammer, and they each took home a small piece of amethyst. It turned out interesting and really quite unexpected...I felt all fuzzy afterward. So now we have to meet again sometime this week.
The only thing that got on my nerves was that I tried to give her a chocolate Easter bunny on Friday, but she didn't want it because it wasn't dark chocolate. I knew she liked dark chocolate, but Safeway didn't have any dark chocolate bunnies. Grr.
Well, that, and being annoyed at the fact that this project came four years too late. We're most likely going to different colleges next year, so somehow I have to get it around my mind and face the fact that I'd be losing her within two months...:(
Kevin told me how to add pictures, so I will add my first one here:
It's a Pearls Before Swine comic. I hope it's clear enough to read. In case it isn't it goes like this: The desk is labeled "FUGIDAK FILM Corporate Headquarters." The man says "Can I help you, sir?" Pig responds "Yes. There's a problem with your film and your package says my satisfaction is guaranteed." (2nd Panel) "What's the problem?" "When I look at the photos in my album, they're filled with people who are no longer around and friends who are no longer friends and homes I can no longer get back to." (3rd Panel) I'm afraid that's just life, sir. (4th Panel) I'm not satisfied.)
All the happiness this week only reminded me of the depression it'll be when June rolls around. Like ipeb's article. Remember? http://community.sparknotes.com/2010/03/26/beating-fate-to-the-punch.
For every action there is an equal and opposite reaction, for every up there will be a down, right?
And so I guess I'll take this chance to shout out to bpotatoe, who might never read this but is clearly going through enough tough times right now to have ruined my otherwise perfect Easter Sunday. Think of it this way: for every down, there must eventually be an up! I hope that guy stops being a dirt bag soon, and that you can find out what is really happening and get back together again. If you decide that he's worth your time, (and I think you decided that it is,) then you need to give this everything you've got and not give up! And remember that we're always all here for you, alright?

Great post Squirrel! And grats about your crush, that's so adorable. :D Too bad about being seniors and all, I know EXACTLY how that goes. :(
ReplyDeleteBut I'm starting to learn that finding an old crush on facebook and not being able to meet them again without stalking them at a school you don't go to and then running the risk they don't remember you at all is much, much harsher. O_o Yes don't worry, I'm not going to try that, I understand I've reached the point where this person is gone from my life and it would be creepy to drag them back in six years later. :D
Enjoy your spring break, don't waste yours being sick. Take your vitamins and don't dance in the rain without shoes or a jacket. :/
think about it this way:
ReplyDeleteat least you get the chance with that girl. sometimes you don't even get that. it's good that you realize the hardships that face you, but take a moment to look at the bright side. you have that chance. think of the people who go on in their lives longing for one person and never getting so much as a chance with them.
to every up, there is a down.
but to every down, there is an up.
aaaaaawwwww
ReplyDeleteSOMEONE is in lurv :)
how cute :D
haha, I'll keep that in mind, Feathers! *screams at rain to go away.* And Facebook can be stupid like that sometimes. Who knows, maybe he's going to SD too? (lol) (btw...so did you decide on SD now? or are you still weighing the other UC offers?)
ReplyDeleteand gummy, that is really true. I guess I am really thankful for the chance I got (and squandered.) If I had two more years instead of two more months...but the time's long gone now. Flown by and flown bye, just like that. .
and yes, hannah. and someone is going to be heartbroken in two months as well. but I'm happy you didn't make fun of me this time! Thank you! :)
---
Like that comic says,
Life. "I'm not satisfied."
don't think of it as the two years you wasted. think of it as two years that you were unsure or unprepared. life takes to many turns that you cannot blame yourself if it ends up in a different way than you wanted it to be. there's just too many factors in life to be able to blame yourself.
ReplyDelete*rushes back in*
ReplyDeletequote time:
Being happy doesn't mean everything is perfect. It means you've decided to see beyond the imperfections.
[:
YAY PEARLS BEFORE SWINE!!! My second favorite comic strip ever! But what's amazing is that I actually remember that one XD
ReplyDeleteI also very surprised... Squirrelly MELTED! He felt FUZZY INSIDE! Is that like a first? But YAY for you!
In general, YAY for you, and remember, what goes down, must come up! Philosophy of Kevin ;)
Pearls Before Swine is kind of the best comic in my paper. Except for maybe Dilbert. The others are mostly lame :P
ReplyDeleteOh, and I'm not some random creeper, I was directed here by Kevin. :)
Are you a random Sparkler too??
Hi Zac! I'm skysquirrel417. I've seen you around a couple of times too!
ReplyDelete