I think I finally realized what a blog is for. It's to complain about life to people you don't know but are willing to listen anyways. (You people are listening, right? or is that "Followers" list just some squares of random pictures?) :D
(On the other hand, complaining to people you don't know might come back and bite you one day. Hanini knows all about that. *semi-glare.*)
I'm doing my math homework right now, and I'm on the seventh problem out of 30. I already skipped three problems because I don't know how to do it. Honestly, how do people understand calculus? It's demoralizing.
Today our math teacher passed back the test we took last week. You know how some teachers post everyone's grades in the class? (well, lots of teachers at my school do. They post a printout of everyone's grades and posts it in the classroom so everyone would know what their grade currently is.) Well, I look at that list and I have the lowest test score in the entire class. How do people get As in there??? Oh, and my grade was a 43%.
The sad part? I don't have a problem with it anymore. I'm already used to failing in that class. You remember the days when you would cry over a B? Those days are long gone for me...My highest grade all year was like a 76%. Calculus just isn't for me, I guess. Sometimes when I don't know how to do a problem at all I just write pitiful stuff like "donut" as the answer. This time I wrote "This test is like watching a train derailment in slow motion." My teacher drew a happy face next to that. He's a good natured, humorous guy, so thats why I dare write such stuff on my tests. If I'm failing, might as well fail with a little style. :D Oh, for that matter, I need a REALLY good April Fools prank for him. Any ideas?????
So then right after Calculus there's Physics class for me. Usually I do a little better with Physics, but this time I forgot to study for the test and, well, failed. With the curve, I got a 59%. (Why am I telling all of you this? You're probably losing any respect you ever had for me...assuming you had any in the first place.)
After lunch, we had a map quiz in history where we had to identify countries of Europe in pre and post WWII. (You know how the map of Europe has a bunch of little obscure countries and regions, and they change every few decades. It's annoying.) 20 questions, I got maybe 10?
1) I cannot wait for spring break.
2) I cannot wait for summer.
3) I am scared of being rejected by colleges that have already rejected me. (Yes, if you get accepted into college in March, but then your grades slip in the last few months, colleges have the right to re-reject you in June or July if they feel like (bad word)ing with your life.)
It's sad when you're already used to failing so often. Heck, maybe I should post up some of my tests from my AP Chemistry class last year. THAT class was fun. The teacher was also really good natured, so I wrote a lot of humorous BS on my tests too. "Why is an atom do something or other?" "Because God made it that way." Sodium and Zinc or something and something: Na + Z times the sqrt of -1 = NaZi. It goes downhill from there. I drew random Pokemon on some pages of the test, other tests I drew fail objects like DVD rewinders and road signs that say "Dead End""No U Turn." and that kinda stuff. "Why is a 2nd order reaction slower than a 1st order reaction?" or some question like that. "Because by the time you eat your second order of hamburgers you are already somewhat full and it takes you longer to eat it. The first order, you are still hungry and so you will eat faster." My grades in that class were somewhat bipolar; my highest was an 85/90, my lowest was 15/90. "Question about some lab experiment testing freezing point depression with salt and sugar" "If I had salt and sugar I'd cook something yummy with it, not do lab tests with it." Silver Iodide, AgI, by commutative property = AIg = corrupt insurance company. Needless to say, my teacher will not forget about me for a very long time. I answered all the questions I remotely knew, but had some fun with the ones I had absolutely no clue on. But for some scary reason, I still managed a B in that class...
But in so many other places, failure's already become a sad part of my routine that I don't even take it seriously anymore. Seriously though, isn't that a problem?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

awww poor skwirl! don't worry--i practically failed math (so much for homeschoolers being smarter *eye roll*)
ReplyDeletesadly, i know what you mean.
ReplyDeleteYeah...
ReplyDeleteI understand. Math is not my forte. Oh well...
Not everyone is good at it.
Good luck to you! :D
WE'LL SURVIVE!
Eeep! You're taking calculus and physics? *runs out of blog screaming*
ReplyDeleteIn all seriousness, I think there's a difference between giving up without trying and learning when to cut your losses. It sounds to me more like you're doing the latter, which isn't necessarily bad. I live in fear of science and math. (They beat me up and call me names. *cough*) Last semester I took a very demanding biology class but ended up enjoying it, primarily because my professor was excellent. I was going to take chemistry with him this semester, but it didn't fit my schedule, so I took geology, which is, allegedly, an easy class. I suppose it's easy, but I have been bombing the lab quizzes, because they are based on identification of rocks. They all look the same to me! Anyway, it was upsetting me because I am used to doing fairly well in school. I finally determined that it doesn't matter because I try my best. The fact that my best doesn't get me too far is unfortunate, but it is what it is. *shrugs and glares at quiz on igneous rocks*
As long as you're putting in your best effort, that's what's important.
Good luck to you! :)
Awwww, Squirrelly?
ReplyDelete*quotes Elf*
Does someone need a hug? I think someone needs a hug. C'mon, little raccoon! Here ya go. Come to pap- AAAAAAAAAAAAAAUGH!!!!!
*unquote*
Now, just insert "squirrel" instead of "raccoon" and that's pretty much what might happen if I tried to hug you.
Whatever.
*hugz*
Calculus was the cursed class that I received my first and only B in. *shudders* Luckily it was a college class so it didn't go on my transcript and kill my GPA. Calculus is HARD. The only reason I understood was that I had the answer key to the homework. *gasp* You're probably thinking, OMG FEATHERY CHEATED?
ReplyDeleteNo no no I didn't cheat. I did the homework problems myself, then checked the answers in the answer key. They have explanations of the problems, so I could see exactly what I didn't understand and fix my understanding of the concept. (I use a red pen to fix things in my homework). I've been doing math like that since I started homeschooling, and it must be working if I'm going in to engineering. Next math class you take, buy the answer key. It's worth it, it's like buying a tutor. ^_^
I'm sorry you're failing Squirrel, *hugs* at least you have a good attitude! Trying your best is the only thing you can do, and if you're doing that you're doing well!
And yes, that's what blogs are for, complaining to people who don't even know you but care anyway. xD
It seems to me teachers are harder on second semester seniors. IT'S A CONSPIRACY! :D I failed a few spanish tests, and I never fail anything. Eep.
Oh gosh, this is a long comment, sorry. You don't have to read it all if you don't want, but you probably already have. -_-
ahaha, what Zella said. My best doesnt get me very far anymore...
ReplyDeleteAnd of course Feathery only had one B her whole life. *envy.* And don't worry about using the solutions manual, I live off of that. My teacher has one at the front of the room for the whole class to share. He encourages us to use it. :D And of course I read it all.
Gummy: Yay, sympathy! You know the saying, "ignorance is bliss?" This understanding is depriving me of bliss. :D
Wakwy: I thought all homeschoolers are smart!!!?! (jk) but yeah, add me to the failing-at-math list. (and also, if you see this, for some reason, I can't comment on your blog! I have four computers at my house, and none of them will load the comment box! Is it just my internet or something? And it's only for your blog too for some reason I can't figure out...) :(:(:(
Aly: haha, except for the "we'll survive" part. :D
Hmm...who am I forgetting to respond to? I feel like I'm forgetting someone. :D Oh, right. Kevin, I don't bite.
I know what you're saying about Math and especially CHEMISTRY, man! I dropped out of A-G (like AP) Chemistry this year, just did normal, because it was tooooooooooooo hard...:(
ReplyDeleteBut unfortunately, the computer grades my assessments, so I can't make it laugh with witty things...
We people are very unbalanced: We're GENIUS at some things, and awful at others. :(
wow i can comment! hi sky!
ReplyDeletei agree, math is evil. much like i am. but i'm a bit cooler.
our math teacher actually forbids us from getting b's
we're ONLY allowed A*'s, or VERY high A's. meh.
but physics is worse. its like math but written in a harder way.
yawn. I feel your pain sky....
ReplyDeleteFailed AP Bio frosh year ... no regr. teacher hated me. Can't do anything about that.
My highest grade this year was a 90 in Stats. The rest were Bs and Cs.
Math and physics are my speed but hey: Physics was the class that #1 and #2 in my class got a B in...