So nobody except Gummy actually cared that I skipped a day...maybe I should be like Feathers and skip more days just so I can maintain my life a little better. ^_^
To ramble on, here's more story. I'm writing this at like 2AM, so forgive me if it's a little incoherent. I'll ask for forgiveness from everyone right now that I haven't gotten around to adding more characters yet, so that's still coming up in, if I were to guess based on the story and timeline, two more posts? :)
This story is turning out longer than I like it to be...looks like I'll be dragging it out for quite a while.
Anyways.
---------------------------------------------------
From Part IV: Gummy and Skys follow somebody they saw wandering into the forest.
---------------------------------------------------
“We’re lucky the grass is pretty thick here, so that makes the footprints easy to follow,” Gummy said.
“But that also means anyone can follow us. Plus, we left our car way back there. I wonder how this weird scientist guy got here? I didn’t see any other road or place he could leave a car…”
They followed the footprints for a good half mile, until it ended at a tree. A gigantic tree.
“Wow, this tree has to be at least a thousand years old. It’s huge!” Gummy whispered. “What’s that whirring sound? Oh gosh! Hide!”
Gummy and Skys leaped behind some bushes just as the base of the tree slid open, and the figure in a white lab coat walked out.
“It’s an elevator!” Skys whispered. “An elevator hidden inside a tree!” They both traded glances as the figure walked away. “That’s gotta be the lab. Let’s go!” he said, and they both leaped from their hiding spot and dived for the elevator before it closed.
Skys peeked back out through the closing doors. “I don’t think that guy saw us. But I don’t see him anymore.” They breathed a sigh of relief as the elevator started going down.
“What now?” Gummy asked. “I’m scared, I wish we had a weapon or something.”
“I have a stick from outside in the forest…it won’t do us much good though, I don’t think…”
The elevator slowed to a stop, and the doors silently slid apart.
They peeked through the open door into a long hallway lit dimly with a line of eerie glowing lights running along the floor. “It feels like an old office building, kind of. I think it’s deserted,” Skys said.
“It feels creepy.”
“I guess they’re saving power or nobody is here. These are just emergency lights. Like nightlights. There’s regular lights in the roof. There’s gotta be a light switch here somewhere.” Skys pulled the flashlight out of his pocket.
As they stepped out of the elevator into the hall, though, all the lights suddenly came on, blinding them for a second. Skys winced as Gummy let out a startled cry.
They stood frozen for a few seconds, half expecting someone to appear in the hall and accuse them of trespassing and kill them or something. But nothing happened.
“Um...I guess the lights are activated by motion detector?” Skys suggested. “But still, wouldn’t that trigger some kind of security response?”
“Maybe this place really is deserted.” Gummy replied.
“But then who was that person? Well, still, we have to be careful. We don’t know what kind of high tech security traps might be in here…”
They slowly started to walk down the hall. The hall led to a T-crossing; to another hall that was unlit except for the eerie emergency lights. Skys pointed his flashlight left, and then right. “So, which way?”
Suddenly, the lights to the right all lit up. “Um, okay, I guess we go right then,” Gummy whispered.
They walked on. “This place is like an underground maze.” Gummy remarked as they came up to another hall. This time, the lights on the left lit up.
“I don’t think this is motion sensors anymore.” There was a hint of fear in Gummy’s voice.
“Someone’s playing with us. The place isn’t deserted.” Skys managed.
“Do…do we go on?”
Skys nervously cleared his throat. “Somebody already knows we’re here. We’re being watched, and they’re leading us somewhere. If we turn back now, they might do something, you know, a little less friendly…”
“So…we’re being led down a trap?”
“I think so…”
They turned left and walked slowly, tense and sharp for anything that might appear. Down this hall, there were doors every twenty or thirty feet, each with a numerical keypad and a glowing red light by the doorknob.
As they approached the fourth door, the keypad emitted a startling beep, and the light by the door turned from red to green.
Skys and Gummy glanced at each other, then at the door.
“In here?”
“Take a deep breath, lets go.”
Skys slowly, cautiously, turned the door handle and pushed open the door.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

i dont exist yet :(
ReplyDeleteAND THEN A HUGE VAT OF TOXIC WASTE WAS POURED ON THEIR HEADS!!!! right?! right! ok. maybe not. i guess that might ruin the story. but i did notice you skipped a day, by the way. :D
ReplyDeleteomgs.
ReplyDeletesuspense much?
you are forgiven. it was up when i checked.
@hannah
if i were you, i would wish i wasn't in it yet, as you might get run over if you appear too soon.
@hanini: I warned everyone at the beginning! :D
ReplyDelete@jg: aw, you ruined it! now I have to think of something else! :)
@gummy: yeah, I made sure of that. no war today. ^_^
OMG!!! This is so creeepy! I love it! When will I be in the story??
ReplyDelete@scadoosh: gimme another two or three posts? I'm dragging this story out longer than I need to because I have no idea how to shorten it, but I can't find any way to add the characters I want to add until, you know, someone time travels. but I'll fit everybody in. don't worry about it. ^_^
ReplyDelete