lets see, I'm supposed to ramble about something before I'm allowed to dive into the story...hmm...I notice that Kevin's been strangly absent lately...she's supposed to have contributed one paragraph to this already...you still alive out there Kevin???
-----------------------------------
From previous part: Skys and Gummy plan to outrun cops by firing up rocket engines on their car.
-----------------------------------
Skys smiled. “Time for some fun.” He pointed to the computer on the dashboard, and told Gummy, “open the program on the desktop called “rcktcmd.” It’ll take a second or two to load before the windows pop up.”
“Okay, then?”
“See the bar on the left of the screen titled “Throttle”? Shift that up to 0.005%, once I make this turn. The road is straight ahead for at least a mile. And since we’re already in the mountains, I hope there won’t be any other cars on the road. ”
The flashing lights were following close behind, and the police began speaking into his loudspeaker, yelling for “the strange car to pull over.”
The DeLorean lumbered around the curve, and Gummy shifted the throttle slider as Skys watched the speedometer max out and the lights fade from the mirrors.
“Oh, we are in so much trouble,” Gummy grinned.
After a few seconds, Gummy shut the engines back off. “Pretty sure we outran them. Though I hope the guy doesn’t radio for backup.”
“The turnoff to the compound should be just up ahead anyways.”
Five minutes later, Skys found the hidden and obscure unmarked dirt road leading off of the main highway.
The road got continuously worse as he drove on, with rocks and shrubbery covering much of the road.
“You sure this is the right way?”
“Pretty sure. I’d check Google Maps, except this place isn’t on Google.”
The road kept growing worse. Soon Skys found it impossible to drive over 10 miles an hour. “I hope I don’t damage this thing…I don’t think it can take too much of this.”
Trees started appearing around them; the road took them into a forest. They drove in a tense silence for half an hour. The forest grew thicker until the sky was completely covered.
“Wait, stop. I think I saw something.”
“Huh? What?” Skys slammed on the brakes.
“Back up…”
Skys put the car in reverse and backed a couple feet. Gummy opened the door.
“What are you doing? It’s not safe out there!” Skys snapped.
“I saw someone out there.”
“SomeONE? Out here?! We’re in the middle of nowhere!”
Gummy glanced around. “Is the lab underground?”
“I don’t know. Get back in! We’ll find out when we get there!”
“I think we’re already there. Look!”
“What?!”
“Get out here and take a look!”
Skys cautiously leaned over in his seat to peek out the car. Gummy pointed up at a tree. “See there? An old security camera. And there, it looks like some laser etchings.” Skys nodded.
“What about the person?”
“He, or she, I couldn’t tell, he disappeared into the forest. Get outta the car and come help me take a look.”
“Um, well, okay…” Skys shut off the engine, slipped a flashlight out of the glove compartment, and slowly stepped out, walking up next to Gummy. “Do you think he knows where the lab is? Is that where he’s going out here in the middle of nowhere?”
“He looked like a scientist, I suppose. Might have been a white lab coat he was wearing.”
“So…do we follow?” Skys asked.
“Duh, or else how’s the story continue?”
“Alright, you win.”
They followed the fresh set of footprints into the forest.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

aawww i still don't exist yet :(
ReplyDeletebut i love it so far! :D
wow i love it :D. does the scientist have a chainsaw? just curious.
ReplyDeleteOooooooooh!!! Okay, well, even if the story DOES end up in the future, I need to be in the story. Please. I want to be in the story. Will you please put me in the story? Please? Here I am begging. Again. Please.
ReplyDelete@lola
ReplyDeleteif he doesn't, i'll make him put you in. there's a reason he made me the one who knows it's a story and is pushing him to keep it going.
@hannah
you don't want to exist yet. trust me.
creepy people in the forest! woot!
i like how im the one that likes getting in trouble.
ReplyDeleteI love how Gummy's always the one at the end who points out that it's a story and y'all have to push the plot along xD
ReplyDeleteAwesomeness once again, Squirrelly!
@hannah: yeah yours might be a while. :)
ReplyDelete@jg: no, I don't think so...and for our sakes, I hope not.
@lola: sure, I have a part planned for you too. gimme a few more parts to get to it, okay? :)
@gummy: actually it was just to annoy you. (the pushing the story along part.)
@kevin: yay, thanks! and yes, it keeps the story going, otherwise, i might just quit or something.
@sky
ReplyDeleteit's not annoying me. i find it amusing. [:
oh and the reason i meant is because i'm annoying you (not too badly i hope) by making you write more.
ReplyDelete