
This screen here, do you know how threatening it looks? The big white blank spot in the middle...it's very intimidating. Like some swirling vortex of doom.

I can think of only one thing scarier than that. Well, not really, there's monsters and entropy and politicians and homework and ... ... ... ... ...but anyways. I digress. Take a look at this, if you will, and may it strike fear into your heart:

The great circle of life has rolled around to this time again. Again will life be captured into an endless cycle of torturous routine. Summer is over now.
Speaking generally, I will assume that we've all had, more or less, the same kind of routine in our lives over the past however long we've been alive. School, summer, school, summer. It almost seems like an endless cycle where the phrase "oh, next summer" is enough to palliate whatever pains you have from something you missed out on this year.
But I found this comic a few weeks ago I feel is quite accurate.

Senior summer is a sad summer. In the back of your head, you know that June means saying goodbye to 90% of the people you spent the last zillion years with, and that by September, you're on a totally new frontier.
On a lighter note, sorry I haven't written in a while. To those of you who are already caught under the monotonous cycle of school, still remember to make the most of everything, still remember to stop and enjoy the simple things in life, okay? :D


school's already started for me :( and I shouldn't have started until next week >.<
ReplyDeleteso I got cheated out of 3 weeks of summer
ReplyDeleteLol, nice post Sky. :D
ReplyDeleteI looked at the calender today and the little 1 made me jump. It also made my stomach sink, and it also made the stress come back...but it also made me happy for some strange reason. As awesome as summer is, there's a new spark of life that comes with fall. I shall stop attempting to be poetic now.
THOSE BUNNIES ARE SO CUTE!
ha ha you are alive, then... college? isn't that, like, the next step?
ReplyDelete@amar: aw, that really sucks. :( what happened? some administrator suddenly decided school wasn't long enough?
ReplyDelete@feathers: thanks! and yep, time likes to creep up on us sometimes. it's just how you take it and what you do with it. looking forward is always a good thing to do. :)
@jg: yep, still haven't died yet, if that was what you were hoping for. ;). and yes, the next step for me is being dropped 500 miles from home to figure out how to grow food, start a fire without matches or lighter fluid, how to build simple stone shelters, and how to deal with roving maniacs of various kinds. :D College, sounds fun, does it not? How are you doing? I assume you deal with at least the roving maniacs in the big NY.
School started today for me; not so bad yet but we had HOMEWORK. On the FIRST DAY we had HOMEWORK! There should be a law against that...
ReplyDelete'kay; rant over. Oh, and the guy in the bunnies cartoon seems to have a very short attention span...
Beeteedubz, I love reading your posts! They always make me laugh. :D
@smalls: haha, thanks! it's too bad that school and homework just have to go hand in hand, huh? and at least in this case, short attention spans can be good. :D
ReplyDeleteHa ha, yes there are a few roving manics here, and I've even met a couple. And then just some people who make me laugh. My school is like the dork center of the universe, too, which is AWESOME
ReplyDeleteand wait, you haven't started college yet?
no, ours is quarter system, so it starts late September. I'm moving out next week though...so...yeah. :) I hope I'll be able to call my school AWESOME too within a few weeks. :D
ReplyDeleteIt's that caps lock that really makes it AWESOME, no?
ReplyDeletehaha, yes, i suppose. :)
ReplyDelete